Many know that in Greece in August is a different experience than the rest of the year. Hestia Hellas took a short holiday from providing services to our Beneficiaries from the middle of August until the first week of September. However, we kept on making improvements to our organization and our Beneficiary Space during our recess.
Here are a few things we have done to make our space more functional and comfortable for our beneficiaries:
- Brightened up our Clinical Rooms with paintings by Cecilia Llorca Sanchez and donations of white desks from LDS Charities of Athens
- New couches donated by LDS Charities of Athens to make our lobby more inviting and comfortable
- Better WiFi routers to give our computers internet access in our Child-Friendly Spaces, the PsychoSocial Support Programs and our PC Study Room.
- Installed Fake Walls in our hallway across the Clinical Rooms to keep random noise from interrupting sessions being conducted.
- Hired more Psychologists to expand our PsychoSocial Support team in providing for the growing demand of our services.
We are so grateful to our full team and all thework and aid from our volunteers and donations given by LDS Charities in Athens. The Hestia Space is really coming together to be able to make our beneficiaries feel more comfortable and receive their services more reliably.