- Safe space
- Integrative – all services are a safe space for locals and third-country nationals to learn under the same roof
We give Greeks and foreigners have an opportunity to unite under the same roof. Our work provides sustainable development for the vulnerable through education and catharsis of their souls (PsychoSocial Support) with a focus on long-term solutions. Our key goals are Integration, Autonomy and Sustainability.
Hestia’s mission and programs serve at-risk and economically disadvantaged Greeks and immigrants/refugees, and our work requires that we engage with every level of Greek society:
- business leaders
- community groups
- educational institutions (e.g., primary, secondary and post-secondary)
- Ministries of the Republic (Education, Lifelong Learning & Religious Affairs; Health & Welfare; Infrastructure, Transport & Networks; Justice, Transparency & Human Rights; Labour & Social Affairs, and Protection of the Citizen)
- human/social service NGO’s (e.g. Action Aid)
- local and prefecture governments
Hestia’s founding principle is that the increased understanding of the refugees’ diverse backgrounds contributes to more humanitarian and open-minded discourse.